Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hanging Radiant Orchid

There are a few more walls I would like to decorate. First wall is the one that you can peek from the carport, which is the outer wall of the toilet downstairs and second is the one perpendicular with my wall of photo display, the outer wall of the kids' bedroom.

The outer wall of the toilet at the ground floor. Yes, that is a big clutter I need to sort immediately before I hang any wall decor on the wall.

The wall you see when on the stairs, in front of the kids' bedroom

I took the measurement of both wall and with my minimal CAD skill I draw an elevation drawings of them. I wanted to see the proportion of each wall so I can determine the size of the wall decor I wanted to put on each of them.

By using AutoCAD, I can easily measure the wall and have them compared with people's height.
So now I am hopping around the net to find ideas on what to actually out on both walls. I definitely would like to have something like the image below because of the bold color and the big feature. It will make such a statement for my boring plain white wall.

source here

But I think I have seen the emerald color way too much. Maybe because it was chosen as Pantone Color of the Year in 2013. So when I visited Pantone official website, I found Radiant Orchid as the Color of The Year 2014

source here
So one idea is to have painted canvas in the Radiant Orchid color. In which I have to determine the dimension of the canvases. After googling around, I have found the standard canvas dimension and I start drawing them in the AutoCAD file.

I decided to put the canvas on the outer wall of the toilet at the ground floor since this wall is facing directly to one of our windows. I figure that it is safer to display the family photos only for anyone who is actually in the house, rather than having anybody who happens to be in our carport to be able to see our family photo details.

The variety of canvas proportion to our existing wall

It is best for me to say that I would go with either two option below. I imagine that I would love to have the wall brighten up a bit and having 3 canvases 50 x 50 cm each will definitely do the trick. I am concern with the total height of the display. The lower canvas is just too low and the highest, well, too high. I leave the two option and start thinking what to display in these canvases.

I have my mind set for this quotes
source here
source here
Having stumbled on this shop makes me wonder, why not cross check the shop wall art dimension with the availability of the canvas here. After all, I will spend less for this wall art if I only need to purchase one piece of canvas in medium size, rather than three small ones. So I did and found that the above wall art comes in 60 x 119 cm dimension which unfortunately is not available as a canvas standard here. The closest dimension is 60 x 100 cm and if you measure it on CAD, it will look a little bit off, like this

Yes people, 19 cm means so much. The 60 x 100 cm looks awkward on that wall, doesn't it?

I have decided to use three 60 x 40 cm canvases with the above quotes. Now I will measure the dimension of the letters using the format you have seen above.





No comments:

Post a Comment