Sunday, October 6, 2013

Coming Soon

Just like any owner of a new house, we are now trying to furnish ours. My husband already bought us some appliances like water heater, kitchen hob and its exhaust, and some other things that I don't even think I have seen yet. But I'm pretty certain that we still have a few items we need to purchase before we can actually run a household.

Since we're on a budget, I think we need to learn what is the basic home appliances we need to have so we can prioritize our purchase. I googled around and find this list from this website.


I. Major appliances 




1. Refrigerator
2. Stove or cooking range
3. Microwave
4. Laundry appliances

I opt to leave out the last two appliances which are freezer, which buying a separate freezer from a refrigerator is really not an option for us and dishwasher, which is not commonly used here. 


Here are what we bought for now :



www.samsung.com - Samsung Refrigerator RT32FARCDSA
We bought the fridge because my husband like the recessed handle and he thinks that the price still fit our budget. I personally think that I was not ready to spend that much on a fridge but since we are going to locate this fridge in a place that is noticeable from all angle in the first floor of our house, my husband, who happens to be the interior designer of our house (deh) consider that this is an appropriate choice. The recessed handle does make the fridge look more modern with its smooth metal graphite finish. 


www.samsung.com - Samsung Refrigerator RT32FARCDSA

With that baby, comes along this one :


www.electrolux.co.id - Electrolux Washing Machines EWT704S

I wish I can tell you guys that I have done deep research on those two products and both that we have purchased are the ones I see fit to our requirements and budget. No, I did not do any research at all before purchasing those two babies. For something that is considerably costly, I think I should have done better. 


That is why for my next purchase of home appliances, I made this table like this one :



Comparison table for buying guide 

Hopefully I will have the time and energy to make such comparison for other purchase we are planning to make for our house.





No comments:

Post a Comment