Sunday, December 22, 2013

And The Winner Is

Before moving to the new house, I have shared with you the home appliances I intended to buy here. In the end, these are the things that made it into our home.




It turns out that we did not need to purchase a new microwave since my mother-in-law gave us one as a gift. This saves us a lot. (Thanks, Mom!) I like the white color it brings in front of our brick wall although this is actually an old model. You can tell from the turn knob.




So far we do not have a problem with this baby. We use it only to warm our meal. 


As for the rice cooker, you know I really dislike how most home appliances look here. They look as if they are all made from plastic. The flowery pattern and the bright color just does not meet my taste. I have narrowed down my choices and already decided where I will but it from based on the above table. I changed my mind once I found this one.



http://www.starcosmosgroup.com
(I think the manufacturer should improve their product image, seriously)

Since I do not need any fancy feature and I dislike any pattern on my home appliances, this seems to be the perfect choice. It does what a magic com should, it cooks rice and it keeps them warm. That's it. No fuss.

I intended to buy it on-line but in the end, due to my procrastinating habit, I ended up buying this baby from one of our local supermarket. One online shop is running out of stock, the other has two weeks delivery time. Price difference is around IDR 85,000



Cook or warm, that simple
Excuse the 'blah' image, I tried to fancy it up a bit, but somehow it just did not work
We have not yet buy either kettle nor toaster. I am now considering whether or not we need the kettle since these days I cannot see any kettle features that may benefit us. Toaster will probably serves us better. 

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment